Kar Salaam.......

Published by The Guy Next Door under on 1:21 PM


We all are different. And we all have different choices. We like different food. We like different clothes to wear. We have different opinions and we like to talk about and write on different things. Like this friend of mine writes good on topics related to aesthetics, that too specially on Nature. Another one scripts well about factual information. We all have different likes and interests.

Personally speaking, I like to talk and write on topics which generate multitude of opinions. Topics on which strong views and counter-views are generated. I like to listen to different views and I express mine as well. It sometimes familiarizes you with the other side of the coin of which you were hitherto unaware of. It not only widens your spectrum of thinking but also makes you shed your biasness for or against someone or something. Some days ago my room-mate was enumerating the positives of corruption (a good news for all the Modis and Kalmadis and Rajas and Chavans). He wasn't justifying the act, obviously nothing can be justifiable for the inappropriate use of public exchequer, but only listing the benefits of corruption that we tend to miss. It was something about which we had never thought of. A nice topic to write on.

But come what may, the topic which would always be my favorite to write on and talk about would be Life. For all its vicissitudes it unfolds, for all its uncertainties it holds, for all its inscrutable ups and downs and turn arounds, it clearly transcends all the human barriers of understanding. And I am not the only one struck by its beauty. Volumes have been written about its ephemeral,vacillating nature. And still it continues to grab the attentions of thinkers, philosophers, writers and ordinary people like me.

And with every passing day, every passing incident and every passing phase of my life, I continue to remain awestruck by its every big and small maneuvers. And as I prepare myself for its next wave, lyrics of one of my favorite songs reverberates in my mind.

Kho jaana, pa jaana, na paana
Hai zindagi jaane le
Bik jaana, lut jaana, bas jaana
Hai zindagi maan le
Karle yakin
Jo kal gaya woh phir se aata nahin
Gujra hua jo waqt hai woh dastak lagaata nahin
Jo aaj hai bass wahi hai tera
Kya teri hasti hai, mitti ki basti hai
Pal mein hi ho jaati hai yeh fanaa
Kar salaam


I salte you- Life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment